Saturday, April 2, 2011

No Pudge, No Problem!

Good morning guys!

I hope you all had a great April Fools Day and weren't pranked too badly. Unfortunately for me I'm pretty much always the pranked and never the prankster. Some may say it's because of my extreme gullibility, but really I just act fooled to make them feel good.

We'll stick with that theory here at WYC, mmkay? ;o)

This post will be short and sweet because I have a fun and busy Saturday to get to!

And when I say sweet I'm not kidding, trust me.

Remember Thursday when I told you I was hosting a Gold Canyon party and was planning to make Weight Watcher friendly desserts and appetizers? Well I did it, and I think it was a pretty big success!

The spread
I didn't get to take any pictures once the party got started (I was too busy sticking my nose is dozens of delicious smelling candles...and coffee beans, of course!) which is why everything is covered here.

Point Values


I used this recipe from Gina's blog for the Taco Dip, served with baked tortilla chips. The dip was only 2 points per serving, and the chips 3 points. Score!

Katrina asked for something fruity, so being the loving sister I am (!!), I went back to Gina and found her recipe for Fruit Kabobs with a low-fat Fruit Dip that was super light and a great accent to the strawberries, pineapple and grapes. The fruit was zero points, of course, and the dip was only 1 point per serving. 

And now for the most incredible recipe I have encountered in this lifetime so far: No Pudge! Marshmallow Graham Treats! Holy delicious, you must try these!

No Pudge! Marshmallow Graham Treats
Makes 16 serving. 3 points each.

1 box Fat-free brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker's)
2/3 cup Non-fat Vanilla Yogurt
2 cups  Mini Marshmallows
2 Graham Crackers, crushed
2 Tbsp Chocolate Syrup (I used Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup)

Prepare brownies as instructed on the box, add yogurt and bake.

Once they are finished baking, spread marshmallows evenly across the top and bake again at 350 degrees, until slightly browned. (The original recipe says 2 to 4 minutes but mine took about 7.)

Let the brownies cool for a few minutes, then add crushed graham crackers and chocolate syrup.

"I'll take two, please!"
It's that simple! Adding the yogurt gave the brownies a super moist texture, and  they are not small by any means. This picture does not do these babies justice!

Ah-ma-zing!


Well, I'm off to get ready for Big Hat Day in Clovis!

I'm thinking maybe this one?
Hope you all get to enjoy some sunshine this beautiful Saturday!

xoxo

Discuss


What's your favorite "diet" dessert recipe?








No comments: